Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pumpkin Brownies



First thing I like about this recipe is that it tells you honestly how much effing butter is in the recipe. If you’ll recall my previous Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie recipe from the Quaker lid, it states 1/2 cup of butter, plus 6 tbsp. For those of you who might not know... 1/2 cup of butter is 8 tbsp. So seeing the “plus 6 tbsp” just kind of made me giggle.
Anyhoo, this recipe has you half the base and then you make one half chocolatey goodness and the other pumpkiny goodness. Normally I’m not a fan of nuts in my desserts, but I felt like the walnut bits in the pumpkiny half were a good addition. Plus, HEB helped the decision a little bit by selling already super chopped pieces of walnuts. (Hey, don’t judge...Mama needs a good cutting board!)
You layer one on top of the other and then take a knife to swirl it around. Pretty simple, and if it turns out anything like the batter on the spoon was (after it was retired from use, I promise!)...then these are going to be simply delightful.
These were my personal favorite from the fall baking adventure, so I'll be making mass amounts to take home with me :)

Recipe for Pumpkin Brownies on AllRecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment